Head Start / Early Head Start has immediate openings for Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers in our centers in Washington County, please contact Patricia Salvarezza at [email protected] or 518-747-2816 ext. 203 for more information.
As part of a national program, the L.E.A.P. Head Start/ Early Head Start program operates 5 centers throughout Washington County. We are funded to serve up to 341 children.
What is the LEAP Head Start/ Early Head Start Program?
- Curriculum-based instruction that will prepare children for elementary school
- Programs designed to engage children, parents, and families
- Trained Staff preparing learning activities
- Support for children and parents
Who do we serve?
- Head Start Programs for children 3-5 years old
- Early Head Start Programs for pregnant mothers of all ages, infants and toddlers 18-36 months
- Teenage mothers
- Children with disabilities
- Foster children
- Homeless children and families
- Limited-English speaking families
What areas are teachers targeting for improvement with their curriculum?
- Approaches to Learning
- Social and Emotional Development
- Language and Communication skills
- Scientific Reasoning
- Perceptual, Motor, and Physical Development