We’ve all felt like Charlie Kelly on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The idea of going out and finding a job is much easier than the actual act itself. Whether you’re flipping through the newspaper or checking the internet, starting a new career or looking for a position in your field, finding the right job takes time, energy, and patience. L.E.A.P. offers 9 workshops that can help no matter what stage of employment or the job search you are in!
What Workshops are offered?
- Goal Setting – Explore your skills and career goals to find the path that is right for you!
- Need a Resume – Learn how to highlight your work experience and make your resume land at the top of the pile!
- Job Interview Tips – If you find yourself getting tongue-tied at interviews L.E.A.P. can help. Learn how to formulate answers to some common interview questions.
- Elevator Pitch – This workshop helps you create a 20-30 second answer to the learn to the question, “Tell me about yourself.”
- Job Fair Success – Learn how to talk to recruiters and master the art of follow up.
- Job Zone – This is a free online job search tool that our Employment Counselor will teach you how to use during your session.
- Career Zone – Let our Employment Counselor teach you to navigate this online career exploration and planning system.
- Metrix Orientation – Metrix is an online learning program that can increase your knowledge and skills through accredited continuing education programs.
- Resume Critique – Are you sending your resume out without seeing any results? Bring in a copy and let our Employment Counselor help you highlight your skills and work experience.
What happens during a workshop?
Each workshop is tailored to the individual. Appointments are made with our Employment Counselor who will meet with you one-on-one. During your first meeting, there will be a significant amount of time devoted to assessing where you are and where you want to go. You will identify roadblocks that you are preventing you from moving forward and develop solutions to tackle these problems.
The sessions usually last between an 1 – 1.5 hours.
Workshop participants can keep coming until they feel they’ve reached their goals.
Who can sign up?
To sign up you must be 18 years or older and willing to have your first meeting in-person. We work with anyone in Warren, Washington, or Saratoga County.
How do I sign up?
Workshops are offered on an appointment only basis. Call our Career and Family Services Office at (518) 746-2391.