Receiving a high school equivalency diploma is a major step for youth and adults who want to enter the job market or advance in their career. One of our main job employment services in Washington County NY is hosting and connecting people with GED prep classes. Learn more about what the exam is below, and where you can go for GED prep classes.
What Is the GED?
GED stands for General Educational Development, and the GED test is a series of four subject tests that determines whether the test-taker has a high school graduate’s level of knowledge. The four subject tests focus on Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, Science, and Reasoning Through Language Arts. Although you don’t have to take them all at once, you must pass them all.
New York State recognizes the GED test as its new high school equivalency exam, and it allows individuals who didn’t complete high school to obtain a high school equivalency diploma.
Can a GED Help You Get a Job?
In today’s job market, many employers require applicants to have either a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma. If you didn’t finish high school and need help getting a job, then you should consider preparing for and taking the GED test.
Our mission at L.E.A.P. is to provide exceptional job employment services in Washington County NY, and that includes GED assistance for youth and adults. Here’s how we can help you with the following:
Youth GED Classes
- L.E.A.P. hosts GED prep classes for Washington County NY youth twice a week at the Washington County Municipal Campus located at 383 Broadway, Fort Edward, NY 12828.
- Spaces are limited.
- If there is not a space available when a new student signs up, they are placed on our waiting list.
- Youth enrolling in our classes may also be eligible to take part in our Youth Employment Programs.
To be eligible for L.E.A.P.’s Youth GED program you must be a resident of Washington County.
Adult GED Classes
- Adult GED Classes are given through BOCES at their Glens Falls and Saratoga locations.
- Screenings are held monthly at both sites.
- Call 518-581-3555 to reserve a seat!
Students who participate in these classes can bring proof of enrollment to our office and be reimbursed if they meet the eligibility requirements.
Passing the GED and receiving a high school equivalency diploma is an important step toward getting that perfect job, and we are ready to help you on this journey. For information about the GED please call 518-746-2391 or email us at [email protected].
L.E.A.P. is a proud partner of the American Job Center network