Come enjoy the many benefits of working in Early Childhood Education!
L.E.A.P. Head Start positions offer:
- Making a difference, meaningful work
- Working with Children
- Predictable hours
- Staff appreciation and celebrations!
- We invest in you! We train and professionally develop our staff!
As a Teacher’s Aide you will:
- Focus on helping create a safe, clean, healthy, and happy environment for our children.
- Assist in meeting program goals.
- Work individually with children as well as one on one.
- Help facilitate daily schedules, activities, and routines.
Locations: [Preschool Classrooms] Cambridge Center, Dix Avenue Center, River Street Center, and Whitehall Center
[Toddler Classroom] at River Street Center
Salary: $14.65/hr. Hours per week: 35
Toddler position –Weeks per Year: 52 – Receive 35 hours of personal time your first day of hire, and accrue paid sick time each pay period.
Preschool position- Weeks per Year: 44 – Receive 21 hours of personal time your first day of hire, and accrue paid sick time each pay period.
Take care of yourself and your family and plan for the future with our benefits, including health insurance, 401k retirement account with agency match up to 1%, optional vision, dental, life, and accidental insurance!
- A Valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families, and an appreciation of parents as the primary educators of their children.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood, or an Infant/Toddler CDA or equivalent certification, and be trained in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development. L.E.A.P will pay for you to obtain a CDA credential.
- At least one year of experience working with young children, preferably in an infant/toddler setting.
- An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood, or a preschool CDA or equivalent certification, and be trained in early childhood development with a focus on preschool development. L.E.A.P will pay for you to obtain a CDA credential.
- At least one year of experience working with young children, preferably in a preschool setting.
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at L.E.A.P. and protect all members of the community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
How to Apply: To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Jacqui Bell, L.E.A.P. Head Start/Early Head Start, 11 St. Paul’s Drive, Hudson Falls, NY 12839, or email [email protected] In the subject line please put the position and center you are interested in.
L.E.A.P is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer