- If you are looking for part time work, have a valid CDL with class P & S, enjoy working with children and being a part of an agency that makes a difference in our community, then look no further! L.E.A.P. Head Start/Early Head Start is looking for long term temporary bus drivers!
Your day will begin at our Hudson Falls location to pick up the bus to transport children for our Preschool program in Granville.
This is a temporary position, January-June to cover a medical leave. There is potential to remain on as a substitute or become a permanent employee.
– Safely operate a bus or agency van to transport children
– Follow assigned routes and adhere to scheduled pick-up and drop-off times
– Ensure the safety of children by enforcing rules and regulations on the bus
– Maintain a clean and orderly bus, conducting routine inspections and reporting any maintenance issues
– Be friendly and courteous to children and parents
– Previous experience as a bus driver or van driver preferred
– Familiarity with school bus driving regulations and procedures is a plus
– Experience working with children and managing their behavior is a plus
– Valid CDL with class P & S and a clean driving record
– Ability to drive buses or vans safely and responsibly
– Strong communication skills to interact with children and parents
– Excellent time management and organizational skills to adhere to schedules
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
L.E.A.P. values include the priority of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.34 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have experience working with children and families?
- Are you able to work a split shift? (Morning and afternoon pick up/drop off)
- bus driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL with class P & S (Required)
Work Location: In person
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- A valid NYS Class B or C license with a “P” & “S” endorsement
- Enjoy interacting with Preschool children
We hope that you will consider applying to be part of the L.E.A.P. Head Start family!
L.E.A.P. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Kim Kenyon at [email protected]