Job Title: Senior Employment Counselor
Department: Career and Family Services
Status: Full Time
Work Weeks/Year: 52
Reports To: Employment and Training Assistant Director
Grade Scale: Tier 5
It is the understanding and expectation of this organization that all employees will take the opportunity to contribute to the overall success and mission of the agency above and beyond the basic requirements of their job. The following are general responsibilities of all L.E.A.P. employees:
- Adhere to the agency’s policy on confidentiality both within the Agency and community and adhere to all Agency and program policies and procedures.
- Work closely with all staff to ensure an integrated approach and provide comprehensive services to clients, children and families.
- Utilize professional reading, writing and communication skills in order to carry out the necessary job requirements.
L.E.A.P.’s Senior Employment Counselor is directly responsible to the Assistant Director. The Senior Employment Counselor works with the Assistant Director to serve customers and ensure that the Employment and Training program is in compliance with Federal and State regulations, required performance measures, developed Plan requirements, as well as all rules, regulations and requirements of all funding sources administered through the Home and Career Services Department. Typical work activities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Establish, respect and maintain confidentiality of the agency, its employees, its customers both within the agency and the community, in accordance with agency policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
- Undertake special assignments as requested by the Assistant Director, as new regulations are promulgated.
- Provide customer service per program policies, procedures, requirements and Director/Asst. Director.
- Ensure that all program and agency policies and procedures are adhered to in the selection and enrollment process of customers into programming options.
- Train and supervise Employment Counselors and other staff in regulatory, performance and reporting compliance as it relates to programmatic changes, as requested by the Assistant Director.
- Oversee and supervise Employment Counselors and other staff relative to programmatic service delivery, as requested by the Assistant Director.
- Function as a counselor team leader relative to programmatic service delivery, as requested by the Assistant Director.
- Assists the Director and Assistant Director in interpreting Federal, State, and Local Employment and Training policies, rules and regulations as they relate to service delivery.
- Maintain a customer management system that ensures proper planning and efficient operation of all programs within the department as required and requested by the Assistant Director.
- Enter and track, in real time, all customer activity/service in OSOS (One Stop Operating System)
- Function as the OSOS Security Coordinator and local liaison with NYS for the Saratoga-Warren-Washington One Stop Centers.
- Deliver TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance) and ATAA (Alternative Trade Act Assistance) services to eligible affected customers.
- Function as the Trade Act Coordinator and local liaison with NYS for the Saratoga-Warren-Washington One Stop Centers.
- Employ the Trade Act Tracker to monitor and case manage enrolled customers.
- Deliver re-employment services and 90-day follow-up as appropriate to customers who are UI (Unemployment Insurance) claimants.
- Track and report UI customer data and activity in OSOS and REOS (Re-employment Operating System).
- Function as the Re-employment Services coordinator to ensure appropriate service delivery and reporting within the One Stop Center.
- Actively participate on Saratoga-Warren-Washington WIB (Workforce Investment Board) committees through functionally aligned teams in the One Stop Centers.
- Function as Saratoga-Warren-Washington WIB support staff in conjunction with the Assistant Director to ensure coordination of efforts within the three One Stop Centers.
- Function as data management coordinator to oversee collection and categorization of agency statistics on customer demographics and other required data for CSBG quarterly and annual program reports.
- Actively participate with the Assistant Director in all relevant agency trainings and activities including ROMA (Results Oriented Management and Accountability).
- May deliver youth employment and training services as defined through various funding sources such as TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), Youth Connections, and others as required.
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and yearly program reports are compiled and submitted according to program rules, regulations and compliance.
- Identify and work closely with other resources and resource providers both in and outside the local community, including social service agencies, public and private schools, youth service agencies, workforce investment board/programs and all other appropriate services.
- Maintain a positive and active public relations effort within the community in order that the program’s philosophy and goals are better understood.
- Attend upon request all staff and other appropriate meetings, trainings and conferences some of which may require out of town travel and evening/overnight attendance.
- All other duties assigned by the Employment and Training Assistant Director.
- Minimum B.A./B.S in Human Services, Behavioral Science, Education or other related field or an Associate’s Degree and three years of experience in a related field
- Managerial and supervisory experience.
- An understanding and knowledge of adult, youth, elderly, dislocated workers, etc., employment needs within Washington County and the surrounding areas.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Communication and People Skills
- Organizational Skills
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related agency duties as assigned by the Employment and Training Assistant Director.
L.E.A.P. reserves the right to revise or change job duties or responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at L.E.A.P. and protect all members of the community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY, PLEASE FORWARD YOUR RESUME, ALONG WITH A LETTER OF INTEREST TO NANCY WARNOCK, CAREER AND FAMILY SERVICES PROGRAM DIRECTOR. [email protected]
L.E.A.P is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer