Lead Teacher for children ages 3-5 years old.
L.E.A.P Head Start/Early Head Start is a well-respected Head Start program located in Washington County, NY. Dedicated to providing quality early childhood education and school readiness through interactive learning and hands-on experiences.
As a Lead Teacher you will:
- Join a friendly, vibrant and dynamic team environment
- Develop and deliver lessons that are in accordance with the program’s curriculum
- Create positive, child-directed learning environments
- Develop strategies to guide positive behaviors in children
- Observe and record an assessment of children’s growth, development and behavior
- Provide direct supervision to your classroom team
We are so confident that you will love working for L.E.A.P. Head Start that we provide you with 35 hours of personal time on your VERY FIRST DAY!
As the 2nd largest non-profit in Washington County with up to 130 employees, we’re convinced that we may have a position that interests you!
Educational Experience Required:
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (or baccalaureate or advanced degree in any subject, and coursework equivalent to a major relating to ECE with experience teaching toddler-age children).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education Preferred
- Minimum of two years experience working with young children, preferably in an infant/toddler setting.
Additional Experience Required:
- A valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families, and an appreciation of parents as the primary educators of their children.
Benefits include health insurance, 401(k) plan, holidays, sick, personal and vacation time off.
L.E.A.P. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time 35 hrs./wk. 52 wks/yr.
Salary: $16.72 /hour
We hope that you will consider applying to be part of the L.E.A.P. Head Start family!
To apply, for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Kim Kenyon at [email protected]