Do you love working with children and families?
Are you looking for a rewarding position that will utilize your education and social work skills?
Do you want to be part of an agency that feels more like a family?
When you become part of our Home Visiting staff, you will be joining L.E.AP. Head Start/Early Head Start as the leader in Early Childhood Education throughout Washington County!
Salary: $16.19/hr. Hours per week: 35
Weeks per Year: 52 – (Dix Ave. & River Street) will receive 35 hours of personal time on your first day of hire and accrue paid sick time each pay period.
Weeks per Year: 44 – (Cambridge & Dix Ave.) will receive 21 hours of personal time on your first day of hire and accrue paid sick time each pay period.
Take care of yourself and your family and plan for the future with our benefits in health insurance, 401k retirement account with agency match up to 1%, optional vision, dental, life, and accidental insurance!
- Provide educational instruction for child/family in their home.
- Recruitment and identification of eligible children.
- Planning and providing educational activities and socialization for parents.
- Encourage parents and community engagement in all areas of the program.
- Completion of required documents/records.
- Provide information, referrals, counseling, and follow-up services to families.
- Serve as an advocate for Head Start/Early Head Start families.
- Associates Degree in Human Services or related field, or a home-based CDA credential or comparable credential, L.E.A.P will pay for you to obtain a CDA credential.
- A Valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families, and an appreciation of parents as the primary educators of their children.
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at L.E.A.P. and protect all members of the community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Jacqui Bell, L.E.A.P. Head Start/Early Head Start, 11 St. Paul’s Drive, Hudson Falls, NY 12839, or email [email protected] In the subject line please put the position and center you are interested in.
L.E.A.P is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer