Job Title: Specialized Substitute Home Visitor
Department: Family Development
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Payrate: $16.19 / hr
Do you like working in a family atmosphere, as part of a team that goes above and beyond for eachother and the children we serve every day? You will not find a job that is more rewarding. You will love your co-workers, the children, and the schedule, not to mention the benefits and paid holidays.
L.E.A.P. Head Start employs over a dozen staff members that have been with us for ten years or longer! Why do they work for us for so long? Come apply with us and find out for yourself! It will start as a job, and 10 years from now, you will realize that it was the best decision of your career.
We are so confident that you will love working for L.E.A.P. Head Start that we provide you with 35 hours of personal time on your VERY FIRST DAY! Plan for the future with our benefits including health insurance, 401k retirement account with agency match up to 1%, optional vision, dental, life, and accident insurance! You will also accrue paid vacation time and sick time each pay period.
What is Head Start? Head Start is a federally funded, school readiness program for income-eligible, pregnant women and families with children aged birth to 5 years old. What does that mean? It means that because of L.E.A.P. Head Start / Early Head Start, more than 300 children are prepared to start kindergarten. It means that parents are being supported as they raise their children amid the obstacles and challenges presented by living in and near the poverty line. Our staff work with families to establish goals focusing on their strengths and connecting them with community resources.
The Home Visitor is directly responsible to the Home-Based Coordinator, and ensures that the Home-Based Program is in compliance with the Performance Standards and the Washington County Head Start/Early Head Start Comprehensive Program Plan. It is the understanding and expectation of this organization that all employees will take the opportunity to contribute to the overall success and mission of the agency above and beyond the basic requirements of their job.
- Adhere to the agency’s policy on confidentiality both within the agency and the community and adhere to all program policies and procedures.
- Work closely with all program staff to ensure an integrated approach and provide comprehensive services to children and families.
- Maintain a caseload of 10 children and their families to whom Head Start/Early Head Start services are delivered within the home setting.
- Promote and support the program’s School Readiness Goals and the Parent, Family and Community Engagement (PFCE) goals.
- Provide early childhood services to children and families in the caseload.
- Provide health services to children and families in the caseload.
- Provide family and community partnership services to children and families in the caseload.
- Recruit families for the Home Based program.
- Complete all documentation and appropriate filing on families.
- Utilize professional reading, writing and communication skills in order to carry out necessary job requirements.
- Complete and submit all required reports to the Home Based Coordinator.
- Maintain home-based materials and equipment.
- Adhere to all requirements for random drug and alcohol screening.
- Meet weekly with the Home Based Coordinator and other administrative and program staff as needed.
- Assist in the annual revision of the Comprehensive Program Plan, the Policies and Procedures Manuel, Community Assessment and in the Program Self Assessment.
- Attend upon request all staff and other appropriate meetings, trainings and conferences. Some of which may require out-of-county travel and evening/overnight attendance.
- An Associates degree or equivalent college degree in Early Education and/or Human Services.
- A valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families, and an appreciation of parents as the primary educators of their children.
To apply, for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Kim Kenyon at [email protected]