L.E.A.P. HEAD START / EARLY HEAD START
FAMILY ADVOCATE (Long Term Temporary)
River Street Center in Hudson Falls
The Family Advocate is directly responsible to the Family Services Coordinator and assists the coordinator in ensuring that Family Services are in compliance with the Performance Standards and with the Washington County Head Start/Early Head Start Comprehensive Program plan. It is the understanding and expectation of this organization that all employees will take the opportunity to contribute to the overall success and mission of the agency above and beyond the basic requirements of their job.
Work Weeks Per Year: 52
- Adhere to the agency’s policy on confidentiality both within the agency and the community and adhere to all program policies and procedures.
- Promote and support the program’s School Readiness goals and the Parent, Family, and Community Engagement (PFCE) goals.
- Assist with recruitment and identification of children.
- Work closely with all program staff to ensure an integrated approach and provide comprehensive services to children and families.
- Participate in planning for families.
- Assist in planning and providing educational activities for parents.
- Utilize professional reading, writing and communication skills in order to carry out necessary job requirements.
- Encourage parent and community engagement in all areas of the program.
- Preparation of required records.
- Provide information, referrals, advocacy, counseling and follow-up services to families.
- Monitor children’s attendance.
- Serve as an advocate for Head Start/Early Head Start families.
- Assist in the annual revision of the Comprehensive Program Plan, policies and procedures, Community Assessment and in the Program Self Assessment.
- Attend upon request all staff and other appropriate meetings. Some of which may necessitate out-of-county and evening/overnight attendance.
- Associate degree in Human Services or related field.
- A valid drivers license.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families, and an appreciation of parents as the primary educators of their children.
To apply, for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Kim Kenyon at [email protected]