The ERSEA Manager/Family Advocate is directly responsible to the Assistant Director of Family and Community Partnerships and ensures that all aspects of ERSEA are in compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards and with the Head Start/Early Head Start Comprehensive Program Plan.
Salary: $19.98/hr. Hours per week: 35 Weeks per Year: 52
Location: Permanent and Long-Term Temporary at River Street Center, Hudson Falls, NY 12839
Receive 35 hours of personal time your first day of hire, and accrue paid sick time each pay period!
Take care of yourself and your family and plan for the future with our benefits, including health insurance, 401k retirement account with agency match up to 1%, optional vision, dental, life, and accidental insurance!
- Promote and support the program’s School Readiness Goals and the Parent, Family, and Community Engagement (PFCE) goals.
- Assist in the coordination of recruitment efforts and identification of children eligible for Head Start/Early Head Start according to the established Recruitment Plan.
- Timely processing of all enrollment contacts and inquiries including completing and assigning eligibility applications for completion.
- Provide training, support, and feedback to program staff regarding the ERSEA Policies and Procedures, including the completion of eligibility applications and the family eligibility process.
- Auditing all eligibility documentation for accuracy and completeness in ChildPlus; provide feedback and training to staff when necessary.
- Verify all eligibility documentation and approve applications using the program’s Selection Criteria.
- Assign children to classroom/caseload for completion of enrollment process.
- Complete ongoing monitoring and reporting of ERSEA data: wait list, acceptance dates, entry dates, attendance data and terminations and verifying income.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking the distribution and timely completion of eligibilities according to the ERSEA procedures and timelines.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with all community partners and serve as an advocate for children and their families.
- Carry a caseload and serve as an advocate for Head Start/Early Head Start families.
- Participate in planning with families.
- Attend case management meetings as outlined in the program’s Case Management protocol.
- Encourage parent and community engagement in all areas.
- Complete all required documentation in ChildPlus and in accordance with program protocols.
- Provide resources, referrals, advocacy and follow-up services to families.
- Assist in the annual revision of the Comprehensive Program Plan, Policies and Procedures, Community Assessment and in the program self assessment.
- Attend upon request all staff and other appropriate meetings, trainings and conferences. Some of which may necessitate out-of-county travel and evening/overnight attendance.
- Associates Degree in Human Services or related field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in human services field.
- Head Start/Early Head Start experience and knowledge of Head Start/Early Head Start Performance Standards preferred.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families, and an appreciation of parents as the primary educators of their children.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Jacqui Bell, L.E.A.P. Head Start/Early Head Start, 11 St. Paul’s Drive, Hudson Falls, NY 12839, or email [email protected] no later than 9/26/22.