Are you ready to use your skills to make a difference in the lives of young children and their families? Apply to L.E.A.P. Head Start! As a Lead Teacher you will:
- Provide curriculum-based instruction that will prepare children for elementary school.
- Initiate learning through programs designed to engage children, parents, and families.
- Provide direct supervision to your classroom team.
- Develop strategies to guide positive behaviors in children
- Be part of an agency that appreciates the value of our staff and makes Staff Wellness a priority!
Salary: $17.42/hr. Hours per week: 35
Toddler position –Weeks per Year: 52 – will receive 35 hours of personal time your first day of hire and accrue paid sick time each pay period.
Preschool position- Weeks per Year: 44 – will receive 21 hours of personal time your first day of hire and accrue paid sick time each pay period.
Take care of yourself and your family and plan for the future with our benefits in health insurance, 401k retirement account with agency match up to 1%, optional vision, dental, life, and accidental insurance!
- A Valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families, and an appreciation of parents as the primary educators of their children.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood, or an Infant/Toddler CDA or equivalent certification, and be trained in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development.
- At least two years of experience working with young children, preferably in an infant/toddler setting.
- An Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood, or a preschool CDA or equivalent certification, and be trained in early childhood development with a focus on preschool development.
- At least two years of experience working with young children, preferably in a preschool setting.
In order to prevent or significantly reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at L.E.A.P. and protect all members of the community from infection, successful candidates will be required to submit proof of full vaccination as a condition of employment, unless exempted as a reasonable accommodation of a medical condition or sincerely religious belief or practice.
How to Apply:
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Jacqui Bell, L.E.A.P. Head Start/Early Head Start, 11 St. Paul’s Drive, Hudson Falls, NY 12839, or email [email protected] In the subject line please put the position and center you are interested in.
L.E.A.P is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer