Salary: RN $23.60/hr. LPN $18.05/hr. Hours per week: 35
Weeks per Year: 52 – you will receive 35 hours of personal time your first day of hire and accrue paid sick time each pay period.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
As the L.E.A.P. Child Health Nurse, RN you will:
- Work as part of a team that goes above and beyond for each other and the clients we serve every day
- Ensure that all enrolled center-based and home-based children receive required screenings and educational preparation prior to each screening.
- Conduct screenings and organize screening results, pertinent medical family history, current health and immunization status, and nutrition information for identifying those children and families who may need special assistance or intervention.
- Respond to and assist with referrals from staff and parents regarding health concerns of children and/or their families.
- Encourage parents to establish medical/dental appointments for their children when necessary
- Provide assistance to education and home-based staff in planning and implementing health activities for children.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the community.
- Work with the Health and Nutrition Coordinator in developing and implementing resources and training for staff and parents
- New York State Registered Nurse
- Experience preferred in Community, Public Health and Early Childhood
- A valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of young children and low-income families
How to Apply:
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Jacqui Bell, L.E.A.P. Head Start/Early Head Start, 11 St. Paul’s Drive, Hudson Falls, NY 12839, or email [email protected] In the subject line please put the position and center you are interested in.
L.E.A.P is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer