The Air Conditioning Technician is directly responsible to the Career and Family Services Program Director. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation of room-sized air conditioners, and will be expected to follow all applicable LEAP purchasing guidelines and policies. It is the understanding and expectation of this organization that all employees will take the opportunity to contribute to the overall success and mission of the agency above and beyond the basic requirements of their job.
Required Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- A valid driver’s license which meets agency standards. Pertinent safety knowledge and training.
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge in maintenance and installation work
- Attention to detail
- Strong Verbal communication
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination, and good balance are required. Ability to stand, walk, and move for an entire work shift. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn, climb stairs and ladders and an ability to perform repetitious arm and wrist movements.
- Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
· Contact customer and set up time to complete work within 5 days of referral
· Treat customer with respect and review any work completed
· Sweep or clean up area you worked, if needed
· Discard any boxing or packaging materials you used where directed
· Complete paperwork, get client signatures on forms
· Hand in all paperwork completed and signed in a timely manner
· Measure appropriate room size for air conditioning unit
· Deliver, unbox and install room-sized air conditioners as per manufacturer’s specifications
· Review with client how the AC unit works
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to dust, noise and temperature changes. Furthermore, the employee will be visiting the homes of customers and may be exposed to unsanitary conditions, and all appropriate precautionary measures must be taken.
Rate of Pay
· $ 150.00 Per Diem Air Conditioning installation
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job-holders responsibility. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the Career and Family Services Program Director.
LEAP reserves the right to revise or change job duties or responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Nancy Warnock, Program Director, Career & Family Services at: [email protected]