Administrative Assistant/ Career & Family Services Program Intake Specialist
LEAP employs over a dozen staff members that have been with us for ten years or longer! Why do they work for us for so long? Apply with us and find out for yourself!
As the LEAP Administrative Assistant/ Career & Family Services Intake Specialist you will:
- Work as part of a team that goes above and beyond for each other and the clients we serve every day.
- Always be busy! Ability to multi-task is required!
- Reception duties include: answering phones and greeting clients.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive office environment.
- Perform various clerical tasks including: typing, copying, recording meeting minutes.
- Be a detail oriented professional.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid New York State Driver’s license.
- Microsoft Office software skills.
- Full time: 35 hrs/week
It is the understanding and expectation of this organization that all employees will take the opportunity to contribute to the overall success and mission of the agency above and beyond the basic requirements of their job. The following are general responsibilities of all LEAP employees:
· Adhere to the agency’s policy on confidentiality both within the Agency and community and adhere to all Agency and program policies and procedures.
· Work closely with all staff to ensure an integrated approach and provide comprehensive services to clients, children and families.
· Utilize professional reading, writing and communication skills in order to carry out the necessary job requirements.
LEAP’s Administrative Assistant/ C&FS Intake Specialist is directly responsible to the Executive Director and Career and Family Services Program Director. The Administrative Assistant/ C&FS Intake Specialist is mainly responsible for reception duties in the program suite as well as responsible for various clerical activities and acting as a team member to assure that the office runs in a smooth, positive manner. Typical work activities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Phone and Office coverage as scheduled and required.
- Compilation and maintenance of reports, required documents and information as assigned by the Career and Family Services Director or designee.
- Coordinates program purchasing and inventory; including acceptance of food pantry deliveries.
- Prepares Purchase Orders for all C&FS and Administrative invoices/expenses and collaborates with fiscal team to ensure timely entry into the Fund EZ accounting software
- Copying, collating, mailings, filing, etc. as required for the Agency and assigned by the Career and Family Services Director and/or Executive Director.
- Recording secretary for board of director’s meetings; responsible for compilation and distribution of monthly board meeting minutes.
- Perform administrative and/or technical tasks to support program needs as assigned by the supervisor.
LEAP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.